Friday, January 07, 2005

The Horror of Passport Photos

So, I got my passport back. Which was nice, and more than a little unexpected. The last time I got a passport was... 2000, I think, for when I went to Prague. Anyway, it said that it takes about 3 weeks to process - I got it back in under a week. So I tip my cap to the Passport Office up in Newport for getting the job done.

I would post a pic of just how horrific I look in my new passport, but I don't know if that's even legal. Or safe. I might crop it at some point. Anyway, they don't just stick the photo in, as you may know, but do something to transfer it over on special paper or whatever. Result - it looks like I have a broken nose. Marvellous.

In other news, I’m planning to work the first and last weeks of the Easter holidays in order to get about £500 saved away. I think, roughly, this whole shebang is going to cost about £2500. I’m working in the summer, so that’s not a problem, and I’ve got some money tucked away in a savings account. Sorted!