Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Anticipation Is Killing Me.

And once again, news comes in an email. Hooray for technology!

Dear All

Many thanks for your application for the 2005/06 American Exchange programme. We have now assessed each of the applications and you should expect a letter in your student pigeon hole from tomorrow after 11:00am confirming if you have been offered an interview or not.


This is going to be anarchy. 90% of the people that will be applying for this exchange are in the School of Cultural Studies at my university. So god knows how many people will be converging on 26 very small trays to find out if they have a letter. Quite why they're reverted to paper for this I don't know - it would be considerably easier to send out an email to each applicant at 11:00. Maybe they're having fun increasing the tension. Well, we'll see.

I have a lecture in the 9-12 slot tomorrow, but it should end at about 11. If I'm lucky. I can't believe I'm getting this worked up over an interview confirmation, for goodness sake. They're dragging this whole thing out too long for my liking.

You all saw my personal statement, right? I thought it was good, and I'm known to over-analyse stuff like this way too much. Still, I'm very anxious about this. I'll let you know what happens, as always.