Thursday, February 17, 2005

Really Doing America

The worry of the interview lays heavy on my mind. I’m sure I’ll be fine, but I’ll still worry. I do that. So, in between looking for books about hypnotism on Amazon, I thought I’d update the ol’ blog.

I was thinking about what I could do before I go to school in America. At the Exchange Fair, right at the beginning, there was a girl who said she had gone around America, travelling across the country and taking in all the sites, before and after school. I was thinking I could do something similar. If all my plans come together and I can do a ton of overtime, money should be a huge problem, especially considering how strong the pound is against the dollar at the moment. So, I had a look on a flight checking website. If I wanted to spend a week travelling the country, I could go London-New York City, New York City-Washington D.C., Washington D.C.-Chicago, and Chicago to Eau Claire for £589.10. That’s pretty amazing, considering a plain return flight to Eau Claire costs about that. So that’s definitely a possibility. What would be even more awesome would be if I could get a couple of other people going to Eau Claire to come with me, rather than going alone. And on the way back, I could do the West Coast – Seattle, San Francisco, LA, Las Vegas, wherever. Anything is possible!

It’s definitely something to look into.