Monday, March 14, 2005

Recent Events

Stuff has been going on. I really should have updated, but I was so busy filling in those forms. I'll try to make this brief!

Last week, I had to pick my courses, fill in forms, get $100 in a money order, etc etc. It's all done. Why they need everything quite so early, I wouldn't like to guess. I've given them everything they've asked for, and then some, so that's all good.

On Saturday, I went to buy my flight! Yes, I realise this is also very early to be buying plane tickets, but the flight was so cheap I couldn't say no. £252 after all the taxes and the student card I needed to buy, one way to Minneapolis. Which is a mighty nice bargain, I must say. And the best thing? I get to go to Iceland. London-Reykjavik, Reykjavik-Minneapolis. Admittedly, I'm only going to be there for an hour and a half, but still. That's a nice story to tell at parties.

And now, it all goes a bit quiet. I can’t apply for my visa until I get an I-20 form from Eau Claire. So we now play the waiting game, again. It seems this experience is made up of long periods of waiting, then mad flurries of action. It’s interesting.