Friday, July 22, 2005

A List Of Updates

Much like Ronseal, this post will do exactly what it says on the tin.

- I know where I'm going to be living next year on campus - Governors Hall. I can't remember if it was my first choice, or second, but I'm not really fussed. I'm in room 301, which looks a lot like this. Fairly sparse, but it'll be home for nearly four months. I'm sure I'll learn to love it.

- On top of this, I know who my roommate is. He emailed me earlier in the week to say hi, and ask if I needed anything for the room, had any questions. I'm planning on purchasing all the necessary big things when I'm over there, and travelling as light as possible.

- I know what courses I'm going to be doing. To whit;

North American Indians
Structure of the English Language
The Vietnam War
Social Class and Inequality

Not a bad lot, really. There's something of everything there, so I'm sure I'll be busy. I have a long list of books I need to rent/purchase, which I think I sort when I'm in America. My timetable's not too bad either: 4:30-5:45 every Monday and Thursday, and 9:30-10:45, 11:00-12:15, 4:00-5:15 every Tuesday and Thursday. Which means I've rather handily bagged Fridays off. Awesome.

- I just called the Student Loans company to make sure I'll be getting my loan in the right place come September, as it's all being paid directly into bank accounts now rather than cheques. This is good, because I’ll be three thousand miles away from a paying in slip at the time.

- I also dropped my phone company a ring, and gave my thirty days notice to cancel my contract. I'll probably buy a phone out there, and use my UK number for emergencies, and keeping in touch while I'm between airports, etc on the way over.

I will be in America in thirty six days. That's five weeks, today.

Eeps.