Monday, October 10, 2005

Long Overdue Photo Post

Flying over Iceland. This was the second leg of my London-Reykjavik, Reykjavik-Minneapolis flight. The sky just looked beautiful.

The Chippewa River. I walk past this thing every day now, and it's beautiful. It's got a lot fuller now it's Autumn. Here's a view downstream.

Downtown Eau Claire. Just your typical Midwestern town.

Did I mention I went up in a plane over the town? I stayed with some Host Friends a few days before starting school, Mark and Liz. Mark works is a doctor at the local hospital, and his partner Perry owns a light aircraft. So we went up for a spin! Here's a view of the river again. I even got to fly the plane for a little bit! That was awesome. Don't worry, I didn't touch any of the TEN THOUSAND SCARY CONTROLS. Here's Mark and Liz, though that's probably not the best picture of them. Mark, as well as sharing my name, likes to take a lot of pictures too. These are my favourite of the many photos he took: The river, crop circles, and downtown EC.

L-R: Perry, Mark and me.

(This is me indulging my arty side.)

My dorm room! Yeah, I know how to make a bed.

The apparent cleanliness of my desk belies the terror that resides behind!

Oh, you want some photos of me? Alright. Here I am playing with all my new toys, and riding in the back of a pickup truck. Truly, I am living the American Dream.

This really was overdue. Rest assured, I'm going to take a lot more.